Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT) / Micro-needling & Introduction to PRP
This CIT Pen / Micro-needling Course is based on peer-reviewed research, many hours of protocol/product development testing, and now hosts the latest micro-needling certification training available.
Why offer CIT with Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP)?
Clinical research proves that one of the best ways to improve skin’s tone and texture is by stimulating the body’s own healing process. CIT/ Micro-needling improves skin’s firmness while reducing the appearance of fine lines and acne scars, all with minimal downtime. PRP has a long history of use in sports and orthopedic medicine as well as dentistry and reconstructive surgery. PRP has also proven that it can also significantly benefit cosmetic facial rejuvenation, dermatology and rapidly speed skin wound healing.
How Does CIT/ Micro-needling with Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) work?
With the CIT Pen, Needles are used to break down old tissue, causing deliberate, minor injury to the skin’s surface, thereby stimulating a healing response. Over time, new collagen is produced and the result is younger, healthier, more beautiful looking skin. By creating these microscopic channels, topically applied nutrients can be absorbed at a much higher level. In fact, within the hour after treatment, they can be absorbed at a 3,000 % higher rate. When combined with PRP, the results are enhanced tremendously.
Brief description of how PRP is obtained and why:
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) occurs naturally in our bodies. To harvest a patients PRP, a small amount of blood is drawn from the patient and placed in a sterile tube, then spun in a centrifuge to separate red and white cells from platelets and plasma (buffy coat). This plasma now has a higher than normal number of elevated platelets, thus making it platelet-rich plasma. When applied to the skin, PRP grows new collagen and elasticity by softening sun damage, smoothing and tightening the treated skin. It is an effective treatment as preventative and in correcting common age-related skin concerns such as uneven tone and texture in the skin due to hormonal Melasma, hyper pigmentation, sun damage, scarring (acne, surgical, and thermal), fine lines, sagging, decreased firmness, and pore size reduction.
- Significant opportunities for hands-on micro-needling treatment on live patients, guided by an experienced educator/practicing professional - Phlebotomist on site will draw each course participants blood (as long as they are willing and there are no contraindications). Each course participant will get to experience the benefits of this treatment by working hands-on to separate their plasma or models plasma, along with giving and receiving topical or transdermal delivery of PRP.
- Skin anatomy and skin physiology
- Skin nutrition (topical and internal), Lifestyle factors
- Patient Selection
- Contraindications to both PRP and CIT.
- Benefits and lifecycle of the treatment
- Understand protocols for client preparation with pre and post procedural care instructions and what to be expected
- Advantages of mechanical fractional modalities compared to other treatment modalities
- Topical absorption compared to transdermal delivery of product absorption
- Comparing and combining CIT with other modalities
- Reducing wound stress and inflammation
- Wound repair physiology and differential healing responses
- Treatment planning and case studies
- Work hands-on to learn the techniques used to separate the highest concentration of plasma from red blood cells.
- Understanding additives
- Choosing the proper topical products for CIT and timing of application
- Methods to increase topical absorption
- Mechanisms of action
- Variety of CIT methods for specific skin concerns and treatment areas using, the nano, 12-tipped, and 36-tipped disposable cartridges
- Product knowledge and key term review
- FDA Restrictions and Indications for use
- Legality, liability, and state requirements (applications will be provided)
- Implementing these services into your treatment menu
- Marketing techniques
*Work book, study guides, full protocol for both CIT and CIT with PRP, consent forms and marketing material with participants company logo, state requirement applications, post care enhancement serum, shade factor supplement, lypospheric Vitamin C, and Glutathione supplements will be provided.
* Available through our vendors:
- PRP referral service placement discounts
- Blog publishing opportunities
- Dermesse minimum order dropped
- Discounted Phlebotomy and IV Nutrient Therapy certification courses through Clinical Solutions
The Esthetics Academy is proud to partner with Herbal Skin Solutions and the CIT Pen. This course is offered with three separate options:
Option 1: Participants that register with this option will be provided with the CIT Pen Package from Herbal Skin Solutions. This is a great opportunity for participants to start practicing with the tools that they are taught with in this course. Please visit HerbalSkinSolutions.com for more details on the CIT Pen Package. The CIT pen package will be provided at the start of the course.
Option 2: Registration without the CIT Pen Package.
Option 3**: Current Owners of the CIT Pen from Herbal Skin Solutions can register for this course for a REDUCED FEE!
** Only one participant per CIT Pen may register with Option 3.